March 5th 2017

For those who have already read this - huge shoutout to you. For those who are just discovering - welcome! I promise this will be the final re-post of the first update. Have experimented with displaying this on the main page, however for formatting and long-term purposes believe it belongs best in the main forums. Update #2 will be published on Saturday 11th or Sunday 12th - keep an eye out for it!

Over the past little while I've been doing some thinking as to how we can really make DUS into more of a community hub (not that it's lacking) for activity as well as the usual get together on XBL. On Friday night, the idea of writing weekly updates as to what's going on around the place as well as the gaming world finally clicked. And so here we are, the first weekly update for 2017 with tons of content to be covering! Think of these updates as more of an extension to what we already have to offer here as a community - a place to generate discussion and make sure no thread, promotion or big hit of news goes unmissed.

Live Fire Update
This week in TF2 we welcome the newest addition of the Live Fire Update. Complete lists of new features and content are below. See here for the complete list of patch notes for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

• Live Fire: A new Pilot vs Pilot elimination game mode! It’s a 6v6 round-based with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. The team to win 5 rounds first wins the match.
  • New Live Fire Map - Meadow, a lush location with grassy lanes and rocky outcroppings that provide site lines for long engagements and sneaky routes for flanking. Also zip lines are back!
  • New Live Fire Map - Stacks, an industrial location of open areas that sandwich a dense center point framed by towering structures. The verticality encourages attacks from above and rushes from the outside lanes.
  • New Faction Leader animations! Faction Leaders now play a randomly selected animation during the beginning dropship animation.
  • New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros.
  • Added a new execution, "Late Hit". Deliver a flurry of Stim fueled punches that pummel your enemy to the ground .

• Mixtape Matchmaking: A complete overhaul of our multiplayer matchmaking. This new feature will allow you to create your own “mixtape” of modes to your heart’s desire.
  • Gamepad: Custom Button Mapping (Pilot & Titan)
  • Gamepad: Crouch Button - "Hold to Crouch" Option ("Toggle" is still default)
  • Gamepad: ADS Button - "Toggle" Option ("Hold to ADS" is still default)
  • Controls: “Hold <use> to Rodeo” Option (“off” is still default)
  • Advanced Hud: Disable Party-Member Coloring on HUD (some colorblind players may prefer this)
  • Community FAQ: New section of the FAQ to highlight upcoming patches, DLC drops, trailers, and creations from the community
  • New Sounds for the Stim Pilot Execution, “Late Hit”.
  • Added Film Grain Slider
  • New ambient environmental sound effects to bring the livefire maps to life. Meadow is a fusion of virtual reality and natural forest ambiences while Stacks is a fusion of virtual and industrial sounds.

Source: Gamespot: Titanfall 2 Patch Notes Detail All The Changes In Forthcoming Update

Countdown Hits 15
In just over two weeks from today, Mass Effect: Andromeda will be hitting the shelves in what is anticipated to be another gripping installment to the Mass Effect universe from Bioware Corp. Last night, the studio took to twitter to detail some of the customisation options pathfinders will be able to choose from in the game as reported in this article by Gamespot.

Andromeda Gameplay Series
For those (like myself) who have been unable to stay away from anything to do with gameplay, you will well know that the official Mass Effect YouTube channel has been busy at work showcasing some of the many features for the upcoming game. Below I've compiled (so far) all of the clips for you - these do not necessarily contain spoilers.

Gameplay Series Part 1 - Combat & Weapon Skills

Gameplay Series Part 2 - Combat Pofiles & Squads

Gameplay Series Part 3 - Exploration & Discovery

Andromeda - First 13 Minutes (SPOILERS)
Finally, in an IGN First episode, the team takes you inside the game for the first 13 minutes of singeplayer story. Having watched this myself I can assure you there are not exactly huge (if any) spoilers contained within the video, but if you're looking to experience the game for yourself I'd advise you to steer clear of this for another two weeks before it drops. For me this was a good insight into conversation and interaction mechanics, however I ended up watching mostly just out of pure curiosity - I mean, who doesn't love a daily fix of Mass Effect?

If that still isn't enough for you, IGN have also posted an edited 17 minutes of Peebee's Loyalty Mission which doesn't contain too many spoilers either. The game's looking to be in tip top form, hoping that it will deliver when we finally get out hands on it.

Leave it behind, Guardian
Some interesting news regarding Destiny 2 surfaced today during Bungie's own Weekly Update, with the studio confirming that the game with be a complete reset for your Guardian. It had been said since September last year that the studio was already looking at revamping the series from the ground up, so this doesn't come as too much of a surprise (or it might) to most. Lets just let that sink in for a minute though. All those exotic and legendary weapons and armour you own after countless hours of grinding through Hive and Fallen just to get to that stubby old chest? That's awesome, but unfortunately you'll have to leave them behind when venturing back into the darkness. The appearance of your character, however, will be maintained.

Read the full article here

The Banished Are Here

And boy are they peeved that the Spirit of Fire turned up to the party as well. Having played through the campaign twice, I definitely have some mixed opinions however am finding myself giving 343i some credit for the game. I'll leave it to everyone to spark up some discussion below, but without spoiling anything, Halo 6 is being set up for a huge confrontation... goodness hopes that the studio can pull it off well.

HW2 Update
Everyone would have noticed this well by now, however HW2 also received a huge update post launch which addressed many of the multiplayer issues players were having in Blitz as well as minor tweaks to loading and other gameplay issues experienced in the campaign. A full list of patch notes can be found here via Halo Waypoint, however the most important elements of the update cover:

• Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the loading screen
  • Fixed an issue that caused some PC players to see a black screen on startup
  • Several "desync" fixes, one of which covered most of the tracked occurrences
  • Fixed a variety of PC crashes that were hardware-dependent
  • Fixed a Network Error on opening Blitz Packs
  • Fixed some AI issues in Skirmish that could cause performance hits
  • Fixed some performance hitches in Cooperative Campaign
  • Made performance improvements on various hardware
  • Overall multiplayer performance improvements
  • Fixed some crashes that could occur when loading a saved game
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a Campaign mission to get stuck after loading a save
  • Fixed a bug with joining a party and getting a network error
  • Added a driver check on PC to alert users to the presence of old drivers
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to disconnect from multiplayer games at the beginning of the match

• Fixed issue with ‘Detect’ on some starting units not working properly
  • Fixed an issue with getting the Palmer’s Pure Gold Achievement
  • Fixed some bugs with Kodiaks in Campaign
  • Fixed a bug with garrisoned Snipers not getting additional stats
  • Fixed issue with squads getting stuck trying to garrison if another squad beats them to it
  • Gold medal can now be more easily attained in ‘Hold the Line’
  • Fixed a Cyclops and Reaver pathing bug where they would sometimes stop moving
  • Fixed an issue with units getting stuck in bases after being made
  • Fixed various skull functionality not working on some units or abilities
  • Fixed some cross-skull interactions between Annihilation and Pestilence
  • Fixed some Locust pathing issues in Blitz (even though they’re driven by Grunts)
  • Fixed an issue with units becoming unresponsive in Blitz
  • Fixed an issue in Blitz with units getting a x4 speed boost in a specific situation
  • Fixed a conflict created by swapping d-pad functionality in Blitz
  • Fixed an issue with the Blisterback not recovering from damage in Blitz
  • Fixed behavior of Marines sometimes failing to get new targets after throwing a grenade
  • Friendly cloaked units now appear on the minimap
  • Made some adjustments to Scarab creation
  • Tweaks to Grunt Mob, Bloodfuel Grunts, and Bloodfuel Locust
  • Holo Decoy can no longer be used on Pelicans or Spirits
  • Fixed card level of units affected by Holo Decoy not showing over clones
  • Glassing beam always creates vision now in Blitz
  • Adjusted AI to make better use of Healing and Cloaking fields
  • Skirmish AI now uses Extraction and Teleport
  • AIs have been practicing their Domination game

DUS Specific News
Haven't gotten around to bannering-up this section as of yet, however in the future there'll be something new and sleek occupying this space - keep an eye out for it! Meantime, there's tones of DUS Specific news to be sifting through here. This section will often have in place;
  • Key reminders for upcoming events
  • Promotion notices and links to their respective threads
  • Links to new threads posted by members
  • New Crosshairs posted by members - again links only
  • Shoutouts

DUS On YouTube
Show these members some love and go subscribe to their YouTube channels. There's some mighty fine montages out there!
If there are any other members with channels and you'd like the feature, just send me through a PM with the link and I'll update the list weekly.

DUS Graphics
If anyone needs graphics, be sure to head on over and check out DUS Kaistau's DUS Images and Hawkeye's Graphics Shop for more. New content is constantly being uploaded, and we always enjoy running wild with some creative ideas for members. If there is any thread you would like to use these banners for as well, just ask. You can find them in my graphics shop and I'm more than happy for people to freely use them as with all graphics.

That is pretty much a wrap for the week of March 5th though. Start off small and keep on building with these threads I reckon. As more and more get published I'm sure they'll grow into something big and bold around the place. If anyone has any ideas, comments or points for discussion please feel free to hit up the reply box or send me a message on XBL or over PM.