DUS Update #2 - Week of March 12th 2017

8 replies
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
11594c62fc540430ead2213aa9c933a3-db178ma.jpg
March 12th 2017

Welcome back to the second installment of the DUS Weekly Update. Even though the thread was posted around at least three times last week, it's awesome to see people took an interest and the time to read through what was a huge long list of gaming shenanigans. This week there's plenty more to get though, so kick back, grab a cold one, and enjoy.

8bbb6b73630b09cad1f6a8b1ebce26f6-db17814.jpg

Only Human, Afterall
First up this week is more or less EVERYTHING to do with Mass Effect Andromeda. With the game just over a week until release, developer BioWare have shown off more cinematic gameplay in the Andromeda Official Launch Trailer. This is just too good to miss:

The hype for this game just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

PC Requirements
Also released this week over on Polygon were the minimum system requirements for those of us who will be getting the game on PC. Personally I'll be hitting up ME:A on the Xbox One, and would be more than keen to explore the galaxy with other members throughout the coming weeks. For those of you anxiously sitting on the fence as to which copy of the game you'll be getting, here are both the minimum and recommended requirements for PC users:

Minimum Requirements - Running at 1280 x 720:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD FX 6350
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 660
  • RAM: 8GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 55GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11

Recommended Requirements - Running at 1920 x 1080:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX 8350
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, or GeForce GTX 970
  • RAM: 16GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 55GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11

Settings Affecting Graphics Quality Include:
  • Ambient Occlusion
  • Anti-Aliasing
  • Chromatic Aberration
  • Effects Quality
  • Film Grain
  • Lighting Quality,
  • Mesh Quality
  • Post-Process Effect Quality
  • Resolution Scaling
  • Shader Quality
  • Shadow Quality
  • Terrain Quality
  • Texture Filtering Quality
  • Texture Quality
  • Vegetation Quality

As an insight as to how the game will look on maxed out settings on supported NVIDIA cards, take a peak at the following images:
mass_effect_andromeda_nvidia_ansel_exclusive_screenshot_003_3840x2160.jpg

mass_effect_andromeda_nvidia_ansel_exclusive_screenshot_001_3840x2160.jpg

mass_effect_andromeda_nvidia_ansel_exclusive_screenshot_004_3840x2160.jpg

935cd8b227c6e55ccd04ff7393bc5d29-db178bh.jpg

Age of Triumph
Over this week Bungie has announced the final live event to be taking place on the original Destiny. Among features includes the introduction of new weekly rituals, overhauls of all major raids (see more below) and expanded changes to the open world sandbox - particularly in locations such as Venus and Mars.

What is it?
The event is fundamentally a celebration of every Guardians journey that began back in 2014. Players will be granted access to what is widely thought to be the largest record book in the game's history - which will reward Guardians with unique items based on how much of Destiny they have explored.

When is it released?
Age of Triumph will be incorporated into Destiny on March 28th as part of a free title update. Destiny 2 isn't slated to launch until at least Q3 or Q4 of this year, so there should be plenty of time for players (most importantly us DUS members) to get out claws into the event. Depending on how busy I am during the next 3 weeks, you might begin to see new calendar events with dedicated times for specific raids as opposed to the general event we currently are running.

What's the new Content?
Most notably for pre-existing fans, the highlight of Age of Triumph is the revamped raids. The Vault of Glass, Crota's End, King's Fall and more fan favourites are being jacked up to the maximum light level (400) to offer more of a challenge to those with an empty quest book after finishing Rise of Iron. Bungie has further detailed that specific raids (currently unnamed) will feature a new "Challenge Mode", to which they commented on being one of the "toughest, most brutal things" they have ever created. So basically, walk in the park... right?

The Record Book
The record book is writing its own records, said to contain a whopping 13 pages of unique individual accolades for players to earn in exchange for rewards, experience bonuses and more. Guardians, particularly those who have fought through every expansion from the Dark Below, House of Wolves, Taken King and Rise of Iron are said to be rewarded the most. Despite that, regular players will most certainly not miss out, and shall be complemented by weekly raids and rituals which have yet to be detailed.

Bungie has stated also in their own weekly update that there will be livestreams leading up to the event where devs will explore some of the hundreds of new features coming with the event - see the teaser below.

One of the first livestreams - for those wishing to further look into the event - can be found below. Gameplay begins at roughly 7 minutes into the video.

5bbe594cdf4ca2a2abc1681729366fe1-db178gk.jpg

H5: Guardians and HW2 Mid-March Patch
There has been limited activity over the web these past few weeks about the Halo Series as all of the hype towards HW2 has died down. Developer 343i has now moved into pushing some of the more final updates into Halo 5: Guardians, focusing most on the map making experience in Forge. For all you Cartographers out there, this is pleasing news, especially if you utilise the H5 Forge tools on Windows 10.

Halo Wars 2 has also seen many improvements introduced over the month, as detailed in the last weekly update, however is going to receive further refinement after the previous patch failed to address some and created more gameplay issues. A full list of patch notes for both games can be found here on GameSpot.

Split-Screen Support is Back
And in a big way too. During a speech at DICE 2017, 343i boss Bonnie Ross made the promise of all future FPS Halo titles would receive the feature. Currently it is speculated that this would include the classic 4 player experience as seen with earlier Bungie titles. The much needed move has come in response to fan backlash towards Halo 5: Guardians.

Promotions
There's been quite a fair share of activity around the headquarters this week. New home pages, new features, and more importantly the celebration of a few members going above and beyond over the years. If you haven't already, do head over and congratulate the;

Newly Promoted Weapon Masters:
  • Trickynvasa
  • Lord Zod

Newly Promoted Colonels:
  • Thunder
  • Kiirksy
  • CapnBluBear

Newly Promoted Commanders:
  • SSJ4
  • Nomad
  • Loose Moose
  • Primus
  • SETKEH
  • Panic
  • Silver
  • Jask
  • Berserker
  • Astral

Huge shoutouts to you all - well deserved!

Previous Editions of the Weekly Update:
Miss an update? Want to revisit something? Not a problem. Each week I'll be updating this list so members can quickly navigate back to an earlier update for reference or catchup. As always, I'd love to hear from members in terms of new features for each week to keep things fresh and interesting. Feel free to flick me a PM on the website or over XBL throughout the week and we'll work to incorporate it into the update. Hope everyone's had a swell week - here's to the next one!

f844d9956c29163835fd16e942b5b2be-db25chl.jpg

8878b4edc4b09458d51686d2e6853ff5-db25cg6.jpg
Posted Mar 12, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+63
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Great update Hawkeye!! I would love to try ME-A on maxed out settings on my P.C, might have to wait awhile and slowly upgrade a few parts after looking at that list!
DUS+GAZZ+Sig_1470663550.png
Posted Mar 13, 17
Votes:
+138
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Mate, well done on all that content! Keep up the great work!!!
87d5a5a1-a71f-49c8-a3b7-03e704403858.jpg
Posted Mar 13, 17
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
wrote:
Great update Hawkeye!! I would love to try ME-A on maxed out settings on my P.C, might have to wait awhile and slowly upgrade a few parts after looking at that list!

Yeah, Frostbite packs quite the whack these days. Still, the current state of the game visual wise (from all the IGN and PAX footage) looks to be well worth it if you were considering doing so. Could always snatch a console copy and smash it out coop if all else fails :thumb:

wrote:
Mate, well done on all that content! Keep up the great work!!!

Glad you enjoyed the read Stevo! Love your own work with the "Our Story" section of the forums so far mate, got a bit more catching up to do before I dig into the latest one this week though :lol: look forward to it none the less.

Posted Mar 13, 17 · OP
Votes:
+105
Level 5
LEVEL 5
i love this .. .can we add in a clip of the week .. from any DUS member who does something awesome
DUS%20Sig.png
Posted Mar 16, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Dude that's an absolute ripper of an idea. I love it. Will be on the lookout over the YouTube channels and XBL feeds very keenly from now on - feel free to shoot any links through via PM as well.

Posted Mar 16, 17 · OP
Votes:
+182
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Hawkeye, you deserve to put your feet up in your favourite chair, frosty brew in hand and a bowl of Doritos within reach. These updates are beyond awesome.

And Gothic only wants to see himself fly off the map again in Destiny if you're talking about including his highlights.
Posted Mar 18, 17
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
I'll give that a crack with the next installment on Thursday for sure. Glad they're a hit ;)

And yes, I've stumbled upon some pretty decent material regarding the highlights for this week, will take a peak and see what Gothic's got lying about though...

Posted Mar 20, 17 · OP
Votes:
+105
Level 5
LEVEL 5
I think there is going to be a lot of salty tears with further updates, cause frankly there wont be any clips other than from me
DUS%20Sig.png
Posted Mar 21, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices