DUS Update #5 - Week of April 22nd 2017

4 replies
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
11594c62fc540430ead2213aa9c933a3-db178ma.jpg
Week of April 22nd 2017

He's back! Have honestly wanted to do more for DUS over these past few weeks in terms of these Weekly Updates as well as the other surprises I'd hinted to in the previous edition, though unfortunately my older Windows computer had other ideas and called it a day. Thankfully that situation's now all done and dusted. Some of the stuff in this update is old news, some is new - take a flick through and you might surprise yourself.

You might have also noticed (or not) a new section in our forums which I sneakily opened last week titled "DUS Support". Tomorrow I'm hoping to get up and running with everything in that department, which will basically start the transition from the website you are currently seeing into an all new headquarters experience. There will also be new ways of providing feedback, error reporting and requesting new features to improve the site. More on that soon, keep a keen eye out...

None the less - hope everything has been treating you well and that the weekend kicked off with a bang.

c0bd8cabc3615fcc2785a5535387b2ea-db37k91.jpg

Patch 1.05
Little late with this, but the first major patch for Andromeda was released on April 6th fixing many of the bugs associated with the game launch. The majority of the patch was concerned with improvements to stability and balance, however, it was pleasing to see many of the "blank" facial animations re-visited by Bioware and improved tenfold. IGN posted the below video on YouTube a week or so back giving a pretty decent insight to the improvements made;

Of course, you could always jump into a second playthrough if you cannot get enough (like myself) and observe the changes to gameplay firsthand. Speaking from experience the vast majority of bearable flaws have now been polished. Perfect time to jump onboard if you haven't already, especially with the first major DLC announcement slated for early May. As always, below is a complete list of patch notes for those who wanted some extra reading.

Patch v1.05 Full Notes:
  • Improved tutorial placement
  • Increased inventory limits
  • Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, attacks, and progression
  • Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (see below for detailed notes on balance changes)
  • Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
  • Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
  • Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
  • Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
  • Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO
  • Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
  • Fixed various collision issues
  • Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
  • Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
  • Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
  • Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
  • Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
  • Fixes issues related to some saves
  • Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
  • Streaming and stability improvements

f685c4f5d62767ccb29e92447da6d944-db37quh.jpg

Installation 01
Thought I'd give some light to a community project currently in the works by a team of dedicated Halo fans called Installation 01. The game looks to bring Halo back onto the PC and Mac in what is described as the "Bungie-era multiplayer experience" and will be free to play, no strings attached. As of last month it was announced that the game will use the Unity 5 Engine, making it accessible to even low-end systems and running beautifully with "stunning" graphics on higher end systems. If anyone wanted to check out or support the project, head over to the Official Installation 01 Website. Also be sure to take a peak at this YouTube video below to get a bit more of an insight into the game. Obviously it's still in very early Alpha and all, though come release I believe the game might be worth a look in.

3ca28cf056e3d981eef2de430641118f-db178jb.jpg

DLC
Earlier this month EA revealed their Halo 5-styled chart for the future of content for Titanfall 2. It's firstly pleasing to see that support for the game is continuing, free content is still rolling in - good free content as well - and there is a plan to continue this trend into the later stages of 2017. Follow a similar plan for Battlefront 2, and you have me sold EA. Surprising given the studios previous history with DLC, but certainly something to be welcome to in the future.

large.img.jpg

In terms of new content, between the end of April and June Titanfall 2 will receive:
  • 2 more general multiplayer maps
  • 2 more Live Fire Maps
  • A new Titan
  • Two more purchasable Prime Titans: Ronin and Tone.

Also coming to the game will be;
  • Gen cap increase to 100
  • Expanded Private Match settings including the addition of Live Fire and Coliseum to the selectable modes
  • A new Faction
  • Marked for Death game mode
  • More Pilot executions
  • Addition refinements to matchmaking like estimated wait time and more
  • More purchasable camos, skins, etc. from the store

The latest update and DLC Drop - titled "A Glitch in the Frontier" - is explored below;

DUS Clip of the Week:
I'm hoping this works... because Gothic my friend, this was absolutely brutal! If the video doesn't work for everyone, see here for some pretty classy retribution by Gothic in Battlefield 1.

Elite 2.3 Update:
Huge thanks to DUS Shino for putting together this next section about new features for Elite: Dangerous in the Commanders update:

wrote:
First off a big one, SHIP NAMES!!! so when you get scanned other players will see the name of your ship and you can see theirs. If your in to cosmetics you can buy name plates to go on the hull and show off your name. Continuing with the theme of customization is the character creator this will make the a hologram representation of yourself, pretty tame stuff for a game were you fly around by yourself right? Wrong the Holo me's you create will be your representation on other CMDR's ships in the new MULTI CREW!! thats right now you can join your mates as their wing man either in a fighter covering or leading their assault, or as the gunner taking over all the turreted weapons on their ship. All of this plus the revamp of the bounty pay outs so all ships in a wing get the same pay out mean even more reasons to wing up with the squadron! and these are just the headlines additions there are dozens of small and medium size new features that will be adding a ton of new content regardless of your play style, from the new mega ships that and asteroid bases to a brand new passenger class ship, and a new camera suit with a bunch of new features for streamers or people looking to make video or screen shots in the game.

Love your work Shino, excellent to have more and more members starting to participate in these updates or add some flair in the comments. Keep it up!

Previous Editions of the Weekly Update:
Miss an update? Want to revisit something? Not a problem. Each week I'll be updating this list so members can quickly navigate back to an earlier update for reference or catchup. As always, I'd love to hear from members in terms of new features for each week to keep things fresh and interesting. Feel free to flick me a PM on the website or over XBL throughout the week and we'll work to incorporate it into the update. Hope everyone's had a swell week - here's to the next one!

f844d9956c29163835fd16e942b5b2be-db25chl.jpg

8878b4edc4b09458d51686d2e6853ff5-db25cg6.jpg
Posted Apr 22, 17 · OP · Last edited Apr 22, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+188
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Another great read Hawk. Can't wait for that new Titanfall DLC to drop!

And some feedback: the video didn't work for me, but the link in the text did. Regretfully it appears to be footage from Martin's bucks show, where he chases a man who is prone and in a corner, and has his way with him (or more precisely, has Martin's bagpipe shoved into his cakehole).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww :sick:
Posted Apr 24, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+60
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Keenly awaiting the DLC myself, will have to finally get rolling together!

And many thanks for the feedback. Digging around it seems Enjin removed support for embedding videos hosted anywhere other than YouTube (which is a huge bummer!). Least the link holds up, would have been devastated if you guys missed said bagpipe manoeuvring :lol: Will take a peak at a couple of workarounds, though I think I have one in mind already...
f844d9956c29163835fd16e942b5b2be-db25chl.jpg

8878b4edc4b09458d51686d2e6853ff5-db25cg6.jpg
Posted Apr 24, 17 · OP
Votes:
+106
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Ahhh Jay I did a LOL, what brilliant comments ... and the only reason I teabaged this scrub is he was corner camping and so bad at getting any real kills .. I mean I get revived right in front of him .. bit of zig and zag and he still cant shot me ... it had to be done.!!!!

another awesome update Hawkeye
DUS%20Sig.png
Posted Apr 24, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+80
Level 4
LEVEL 4
I will be disappointed now if a Martin video of that same type is not included in every update from here on.
Posted May 8, 17
List
Undo
NoticeNotices